Monday, April 2, 2007

An October Road Quickie

Has anyone caught the new ABC show 'October Road'? It has been coming on after Grey's Anatomy,which I know everyone in America watches, so I'm sure you have heard about it. Well, I have been watching it the last couple of weeks. I have been dissapointed. I don't know what I was expecting, but the acting and dialogue is kind of cheesy I think. And predictable. So, my friend rings me up and asks me if I have seen it and what did I think of it? She hasn't watched it yet, but wanted to know what it was about, etc. I told her the gist and what I thought. I also explained it like this: "Ya know? It's kind of like the premise of Beautiful Girls, (which, BTW is the most FABULOUS movie ever made). Although BG was so, so much better."

Well, ironically, I was reading Korbie's Cheat Sheet on Eonline.com. And guess what??? The SAME writer that wrote Beautiful Girls (Scott Rosenberg) is writing October Road. I about fell out of my chair. I mean, what a kawinky-dink! (although not really, because the storylines are somewhat similar minus Natalie Portman and a piano) Okay, so here in lies the issue: Why does October Road suck? Beautiful Girls is famous for its completely wonderful dialogue and writing. That is what made the movie - hands down. So, now that I know this bit of info, I might give October Road another chance. Mostly b/c I love Beautiful Girls, and if this show is anything like it, then it must have promise. It just needs to hurry up and get it quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment